Late that afternoon, when there was enough sunlight to hold an hour’s play, we lined up tin cans on the porch and saw who could spit their seeds the farthest. If you hit a can, you were a champion; if your seed made it into the can, well, you were a legend. All the pain of the wasp stings was lost for a moment in fun and games, and the watermelon was sweet down to its last slice...
Share your watermelon treats with us on Instagram, using
Makes 6 servings
- 2 1/2 cups cubed watermelon (seedless or seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mint for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth
- Pour into a loaf pan and freeze for 3 hours
- Remove mixture from pan (Tip: flip pan upside down and run under hot water to loosen)
- Blend once again (Tip: break into smaller pieces for easier blending)
- Pour back into pan and freeze for another hour
- Scoop & serve
- Enjoy and remember watermelon makes everything better
For more seed spittin' adventures check out...